Sorry i havent done any tutorials in a while I have a natural everyday look coming up for you which I will put up in a few days but today im going to do a mermaid inspired look for you guys!
Ive always loved anything to do with mermaids so I put a few ideas together for ye so let me know what you think and let me know if you would like to see more of these tutorials or more natural tutorials or if you have any requests comment below or send me a email :)
oh and if you would like to WIN a makeup goodie bag including a M.A.C eyeshadow or your choice enter my fun contest!!! the link wil be at the end of this post cant wait to see what you come up with!!!
ok so lets get started!!
WHAT I USED:
- Coastal Scents 88 shimmer palette (used purple sliver and black)
- Smashbox primer
- Smashbox pore and line primer
- L'oreal true match foundation in w3
- Nyx eyeshadow base in white
- Essence brow kit
- Nyx wand concealer in light
- Nyx trio in sweet lagoon/aqua/ocean
- L'oreal liquid liner (black)
- Urban Decay 24/7 liner in zero
- Avon supershock mascara
- Glitter silver liner (dunnes)
- First of all prime your skin with a primer as they say its a crime not to prime :P this will help your makeup last all day and protect your skin.
- I also used smashbox pore and line primer this primer is great at covering any imperfections like expression lines and open pores and stopping your foundation from making these lines/pores more visable (this can also be used over foundation)
- Next prime your lid and using a white base apply all over lids up to your brow bone and blend in with your ring finger.if your dont have a white primer you could use a white pencil liner or a cream eyeshadow,the white will help brighten the colours.
- Then taking a mint colour or if your using the same nyx trio take the first colour and apply this to the inner corners of your lids and use it as a highlight on your brow bone using a shader brush or a sponge applicator
- Now flip your brush/applicator and taking the second colour or a mid blue colour apply this all over your lids dont pass your crease line
- Take a blending brush/fluffy brush and apply the third colour or a teal colour just above your crease sweep the colour back and forth blending the colour out
- Take a little bit of black with a sponge applicator and pat it into your outer v and blend it with the blending brush you used to blend the teal colour, this way you wont apply too much black
- Line your top lid with a liquid liner and your water line using a pencil liner
- apply a purple colour to your lower lashline
- Curl your lashes and add mascara
- Take a sliver liner and apply it over your liquid liner I got mine in a set of 3 in Dunnes for 2euro
- Apply vaseline to your lips and take a sliver eyeshadow and apply it to the centre of your top and bottom lips using your finger or a flat brush then take the teal colour and apply it to your cupids bow using a sponge applicator.
For a bit of sparkle i used some jewels on my cheekbone
I applied a bit of eyelash glue on the back of my hand
picked a jewel up using tweezers and dipped it into the glue carefully and applied it on my face
These are actually rhinestones for your nails and can be purchased at any salon supply store.
or if you want you can apply the teal colour to your cheekbones using a fluffy brush :)
FOR YOUR HAIR:
You could wet your hair and plait it and leave it dry naturally
then remove the plaits and brush through your hair creating natural wavy locks
HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS LOOK AND DONT FORGET TO ENTER MY CONTEST IF YOU WANT TO WIN SOME M.A.C MAKEUP!!