Saturday, January 22, 2011

Water Marbling Tutorial


Hey girls,
So today I tried water marbling for the first time :) 
Alot of people were asking how its done so I decided to do a tutorial on it!
So lets get started!




WHAT YOU NEED:
  • Tissue paper
  • A plastic or paper cup
  • Room temperature water
  • tape
  • A wood stick or a chopstick
  • 2 or 3 nail polishes
  •  Have a bit of nail polish remover handy incase you make mistakes :)
Colours I used:
opi white
opi purple with a purpose
Avon lavender



Set up your work area and paint your nails a base colour i picked white.
 Cover your fingers in tape to avoid the polish from getting on your fingers or stuck in your cuticles and under your nails.
You dont have to do this step but I think its easier and you make less of a mess.

When your done your fingers should look like this!


Now fill your cup with water and pick your colours
2 or 3 colours should be enough i picked a lavender and a dark purple.
Take your first colour and let the polish drip into the cup and keep repeating this step using all your colours.


The cup should then look like this.
Dont add to much because the polish in the cup will start to dry so you need to work fast! 



Now take your stick and draw your design.
Always start from the outside.


 Dip your fingers in.
I found it easier to do 2 fingers at a time.


Clean the left over polish up with your wood stick so the water will be clean for the next round.



When your finished your fingers will look something like this.
The polish drys straight away so you can remove the tape when your ready.
(I found it easier to cut the tape off.)

If any polish gets on your skin dont worry.
A bit of nail varnish remover on a cotton bud will clean it all up!

Now your all done :)
If this doesnt work for you your water might to be cold it needs to be room temperature.
Try leaving a bottle of water in a room for a few hours!





other colours I have tried :)







Hope this was helpful
love saz xx


16 comments:

TK said...

Just yesterday I was looking at water marbling!!! :) I will definitely try it!!!

Sineadycady said...

Awesome! Gonna try this! :)

Emily D said...

Omg this is amazing! Thank you for doing a tutorial on this! I will definitely try it!

Please check out my blog!
http://fabulousfinds4.blogspot.com

Ramona said...

WOW! this is amazing!! I should try this! Thank You!

xo xo Ramona

Diana said...

This is so cool. I need to try this ASAP. Thanks

Josephine said...

This is seriously amazing!
I defs want to try this out!
I love it!

Unknown said...

really lovely look saz, cant wait to try it!=)

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

Awesome. I always wondered how people did this.
I am definitely going to give it a try.
xx
Alicia

♥ Sammi ♥ said...

Hiya! Just to let you know, I've changed my URL to http://sammi-in-wonderland.blogspot.com/

I've noticed that a lot of my readers can't read my blog anymore so please update any links. You may have to subscribe again via RSS/Google Friend Connect/Newsletter. Sorry about this, I definitely won't be changing my URL again. xD

Thanks, Sammi x

hair stylist Sheila said...

Absolutely love it!!

Thank you so much

Shiela X

Shop N' Chomp said...

Omg, so cool!! Thanks for sharing with us. =D

Mimi said...

oh my gosh, wow!!! that's amazing, thanks for sharing! :D

p.s. i am a new follower. :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

My-My said...

Hey sweetie, just wanted to let you know I gave you a blog award. :) thanks for following me too.

Alex said...

aww great! i tried this the other day but it definitley didnt turn out as nice! too messy for me Im a disaster!!!!

Makeupbysaz said...

Thanks girls :)
dont worry it just takes practice!
opi nail varnishs are the best to use for this. i found that some polishes dry to quicky or dont seperate as well!
keep trying you wil get it!! xxx

Anonymous said...

I can never do this LOL
I attempted to do it a couple of months ago with my niece and it just was a disaster :(